What is Outcome-Based Education?
Outcome-Based Education (OBE) is a student-oriented approach that focuses on measuring students’ performance. A clear set of outcomes should be well defined for each course and program. OBE helps to measure how well the program achieves the Program Outcomes and how well students achieved the Intended Learning Outcomes.
Program Educational Objectives & Program Outcomes
- BEng in Bioengineering
- BEng in Chemical Engineering
- BEng in Chemical and Environmental Engineering
- BEng in Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering
- BEng in Sustainable Energy Engineering
- BEng in Civil Engineering
- BEng in Civil and Environmental Engineering
- BEng in Computer Science
- BEng in Electronic Engineering
- BEng in Computer Engineering
- BEng in Industrial Engineering and Engineering Management
- BEng in Logistics Management and Engineering
- BEng in Decision Analytics
- BEng in Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering
- BEng in Aerospace Engineering
Program Outcome Measurement
All engineering programs are accredited by Hong Kong Institution of Engineers (HKIE) under the Outcome-based accreditation criteria. The courses covered in the program curriculum were mapped to the program outcomes in terms of three areas of contribution: Taught, Practiced and Measured. All Engineering Programs will collect course data and review the program outcome achievement in a continuous manner. An appropriate mix of direct and indirect assessment methods are adopted.